Tuesday, February 28, 2012

The End of the World




They say the "world as we know it" will end on Dec. 21, 2012.   Dang, that Mayan calendar!  
As if I didn't have enough on my mind, now I gotta worry about a meteor blasting us to smithereens!  Or a massive solar flare from the Sun completely wiping out our electronics!  Or maybe there'll be a shift in Earth's rotation, causing a gigantic tsunami to wipe us out.  Or maybe, just maybe, there'll be a giant alien invasion.  Anyone wanna buy a tinfoil hat?  Only $19.99 (plus S&H).  Whatever it is, I am very ill-prepared.  Meteor?  I have no underground shelter.  Giant solar flare?  I'm as good as dead without my iPhone.  A gigantic tsunami?  I guess it's time to start thinking about moving up into the mountains.  A mass invasion of aliens?  Eegah!  Probing scares me.

My wife tends to stay on the positive side of things.  She has had us watch a few movies about this very subject, and I have to admit that the theory she hopes will happen on Dec. 21, 2012, is a much more comforting one; the theory of everyone sort of "coming together", taking care of the Earth and instilling happiness throughout.  (Think of everyone holding hands around the Earth singing a song as plants bloom, birds fly amongst the blue sky and animals frolic in the forest).  I like that.  That makes me sm:)e.

All I know is that I'm going to be ready with my camera at my side.  That way, if our amazing planet survives whatever Dec. 21, 2012 brings us--and I sure hope it does-- I'll have some killer shots for my December blog!  

P.S. Thankfully, I think my external hard drive crashing last week kind of prepared me, mentally, for something as catastrophic as the world coming to an end.  R.I.P hard drive. "I can't begin to express how important it is to double back up your info in this business.  At least until Dec. 21, 2012..."

No comments: