Saturday, July 18, 2009

The real MEAT of it!





For the past 2 months, I have anticipated writing this post, but first, the images had to be printed. Now that they are printed, I am able to release them to you, and tell you all about the shoot. Alas! They say that patience is a virtue, and I guess it’s really true!

The images were used for the July issue of INSIGHT MAGAZINE. The subject was Mark Skogen. The idea for the inside spread was mine. The cover concept came from myself, Michael Miller and Jeff Amstutz of A2Z Design. The catalyst was Margaret LeBrun, editor and chief of Insight Magazine. The team work needed to execute this entire project is what I want to talk about.


Quite often, I hear the 5 words, "It's all about you, Shane". However, this couldn't be further from the truth. Without the help of so many others, this shoot would have never gone as smoothly as it did. Scott Ehlers, normally playing the role of photographer and all around nice guy, took the time to help make the table. This table is where all of the oranges sat, allowing Mark’s head to easily slide into place and become the “head fruit”, amongst the oodles of oranges. Bill K., normally the studio manager, played the role of my right hand man; taking care of setting me up, tearing me down, making sure everything ran smoothly and safely, and running cameras and files to perfection. Julie Gardner played the role of stylist; taking care of spreading out all the oranges, finding the perfect apple, making sure the meat counter was up to spec. and taking care of Mark’s make-up and overall comfort. Rob Resnick, executing all of my wishes on flawless post production to deliver another top notch product to our client. Not to mention, Donna and Carla taking care of all the scheduling and misc. logistics.

To you all...THANK YOU! Without a great team, great things may never come to be.

No comments: