Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Sweet Ruby


    Photographing for health care publications is something that has kept me very busy over the past couple of years.  Working with subjects who have incredible stories of struggle and triumph is par for the course.  Unfortunately, sometimes with great success comes heartache.  I was informed that, a few months after we photographed Ruby Aebischer, she passed away.
    I photographed Ruby for a Calumet Medical Center publication featuring how important she has been in the community and in helping make CMC what it is today.  When I photographed her, she was very loving and happy.  I had so much fun making her laugh and bonding with her.  It's one of  the things I enjoy most about photographing people; they always become a piece of my heart.  She was truly a beautiful woman and her spirit will live strong in me and the community she cared so much about.




No comments: